Wednesday, February 11, 2009

{ a book for crochet hooks and more }


i got a new toy as a christmas-and-advance-birthday-present-in-one from my husband. i was soooo thrilled with it that i've been busy whipping this and that since we bought it in january.

this was one of my first projects, as i tried to get the feel and rhythm of working with the new machine. presenting my crochet hook holder in all its wonky glory!

i made the cover from a thick canvas fabric which i scored from a charity shop. i love felt and i love hearts, so i can't resist sewing on my trademark heartie.

i folded the bottom part to make a little pocket, and it can hold spare needles for my machine.

this is the page that holds my crochet hooks. the set of hooks by the way i got from jen through caryn's creative swap. they're from the susan bates line, and they're in lovely metallic colors. on the other side is a pocket holding my yarn needles. J, the girl with a curl, made something like this last year for her swap partner jen - the same jen the needle queen who gave me my crochet hooks! what a happy twist! ^-^

there's also a little pocket in the back cover and can fit in several button cards as well as a card of embroidery floss. i bought this check/polka dot linen fabric online from an etsy seller, matatabi. she sells japanese fabric goodness that are just soooo good to resist.

the book measures 8" x 7", with a big button and a loop to close. really useful to organize my crafting tools and sewing notions! i might whip up something like this for my shop too, by next month or so.

thanks for reading, have a great day!

9 comments:

  1. Hello Odette. I'm not a crafter but I just love reading what you do:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's a nice hold-all for stuff! i love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love ur new place dette! And boy, u got a new sewing machine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like! it is so nice and handy dette!

    and wow! kj gave you a new baby! patingin!
    and like what you've said, sana nga neighbors tayo. we'll sew all day! hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the look of this site. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love crafts too particularly papercrafts. Ganda ng mga gawa mo! I'll add this blog later. I am still at work. hehehe. I discovered your blog through Blue rose. SHe is a blogger-friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Odette. I love that. Sayang I'm into into sewing kasi, not my cup of tea.

    Nice place, i'll update my bloglist. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is really lovely!! id love to have this for my kikay kits.. u know lip gloss and all haha :D

    so cute and organized siguro ng bag ko! :) hahaha

    happy birthday to u dearie! i added this link to my blog already! take care!! mwah

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are lovely and creative craft organizers.

    ReplyDelete